Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What?! She is posting!!

Alright I know that I have been a slacker. I think I set my goal way to high!! Anyways I just got back from NYC and had a total blast. We hooked up with my husbands brother and his family, Matt and Bek and the kids while we were there. It was so much fun and I have tonz of pic and stories to write. But for now I will share one that a bunch of you will get a kick out of.
This happened Sat morning we got up and left to go to Times Square to hop on one of the Double Decker buses that take you around sight seeing. Anyways if you have ever been to New York you know that the streets are totally crowded. David was trying to pass a large group by going as close to the edge of the sidewalk as possible. I was trying to follow. He passed this man and I don't know if he did this on purpose but when I tired to pass him the man pushed me. I would have been fine if it wasn't for a pothole on the sidewalk. I soon stepped into the pothole, and lost my balance and went face first into a car's bumper that is parked on the side of the road.

Now I will admit I fall down a lot, in fact my brother-in-law Steven and my Dad laid bets on when I would fall not if during Graduation. But When I do Fall I don't want anyone to look at me or "come to my Rescue" I just want everyone to pretend they didn't see it.

Well My wish didn't happen.

I fell really hard, I'm pretty sure that I dented the bumper on the car. but the car that was parked behind it had people in it. Soon this Lady with a really thick New York accent jumps out of her car.

"Oh my Gosh are you okay Doll? That was hard, I heard that inside my car? Are you okay"

I'm just sitting in the disgusting New York gutter, just trying to hold onto my tears.

" Are you dizzy or Nauseous?"

David : "What happened?"
H: "I tripped from that pothole and couldn't catch myself, so I hit the car?"
New Yorker: " Take a picture (of the pothole)... and you if you feel dizzy or nauseous, you call a Lawyar." then looking at David " if she feels dizzy or sick you take her to a Doctor".

She was so funny but so concerned.. You have to read this with a thick new york accent to get the true experience.

Anyways long story short we didn't call a "Lawyar" I had a supper big bump on my head and dirty pants and a huge headache for most of the morning. But you know what is a good cure for a headache? A shopping trip in China Town and some good Italian food in Little Italy.

4 comments:

N Luthi said...

om my! what to say....yikes!

Brooke B said...

hahaha oh my gosh! I love you!
I hope you are ok!

N Luthi said...

just read this to dad...he laughed!

Unknown said...

Yikes! Only you would have that experience. At least it doesn't hurt anymore and you can just laugh about it. I'm glad you posted...since this is pretty much how we keep in touch these days!