Friday, April 17, 2009

Bunko / Cafe Rio

Last night was my night to host Bunko. I decided to make Homemade Cafe Rio Salads. Everyone loved them so much, so I told them I would post the recipes here.

Sweet Pork
1-2 lb. pork tenderloin
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups fresh salsa
Mix sugar and salsa, pour over pork. Cook in crock pot for 8 hrs. on low. When done shred with two forks and return to juice in crock pot and allow liquid to absorb. Serve with tortillas and all the fixins!


Green Chile Rice (Serves 6)
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken broth
4 oz. green chiles
1 sm. onion, diced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. cumin
3 green onions.
Mix together and pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until rice is done at 350.

Cilantro Salad Dressing
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (dry mix)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2- 1/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno
1 cup mayo
1 tsp. lime juice
1-2 tomatillos (remove outer papery skin)
1 garlic clove
Blend all ingredients in blender(I doubled the batch thinking this would be enough for 12 people but one batch was probably enough... it makes alot!)

I served this all on a toasted cheese tortilla, served with lettuce and all the trimmings!!

Like I said this is all very yummy, and probably very fating. Ah oh well it was too good to pass up!

No comments: